An effective and motivated workforce is critical to the success of any business. We partner with business owners and employers to mitigate the disruption, and often demoralizing effect, of employment disputes. We offer a comprehensive range of employment-related services and focus on reducing the amount of time, energy, and money employers devote to employment issues.
As a business ally, we assist with drafting and negotiating employment agreements at the outset of the employee/employer relationship and negotiating severance agreements at its terminus. When employment claims arise, we offer trusted, reliable workplace investigation services, giving employers the ability to know what when wrong, and what steps to take to improve in the future.
We regularly litigate and defend employment claims in State and Federal Courts. Our team of litigators understands that employment litigation is a distraction and ultimately a drain on the bottom line. We seek creative ways to reduce liability and to allow business owners to focus on what they do best—their business.
As a trusted employer partner, we offer services in the following practice areas.
- Workplace discrimination claims including: sex/gender discrimination, sexual harassment, race discrimination, religious discrimination, retaliation, disability discrimination, age discrimination
- Wrongful termination complaints
- Employment and severance agreement negotiation
- Workplace investigations
- Non-Competition Agreement negotiation and litigation;
- Responding to EEOC charges;
- North Carolina Wage and Hour Act (NCWHA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), minimum wage and overtime claims.